The Ride to End Polio Fun Ride is open to cyclists on road bikes, mountain bikes, BMX, tandems, wheelchairs or any other human powered cycle. There are courses to fit any ambition and lots and lots of prizes. Please note that TO RIDE THE FUN RIDE FOR ROTARY YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE SPECIAL ROTARY APPLICATION HERE.
- 11-Mile course starting in Armory Park and heads up the Santa Cruz River multi-use path – scenic and mostly away from traffic!
- 5-Mile course: easy and mostly flat along the Santa Cruz river path!
- 1/4-Mile course especially for cyclists on tricycles, training wheels, or babies in trailers features fun activities for the kids!
Description: All distances start on 6th Ave at 13th Street between Armory Park and the Children’s Museum. The 1/4 milers will enjoy some great activities just off the start line. The 11- and 5-milers will pedal south on 6th Ave, west on 22nd St and then north on the Santa Cruz River path. Both routes are an out-and-back course. El Tour cyclists will have a lane on the road so you don’t have to worry about traffic!
Check out the 2016 ETT Fun Ride Map HERE!
There are several awards and prizes and all finishers will receive the Fun Ride Medallion.
- FUN RIDE MEDALLION to all finishers
- The Best Decorated Bike Contest (Youths 12 & under)
Show off your creativity … deck out your bike! Wear a costume! Let your imagination go wild! Selection will be made at the Finish Line. A small souvenir trophy will be awarded to all contest participants. The winner brings home a Conquistador Trophy, El Tour’s highest award!
- Win a Bike! All registered 12 & under Fun Ride participants will be entered into a drawing to win a bike!