Registration is Now Open for the Rotary District 5500 Michael J. Harris Memorial Ride to End Polio for 2017. You can register for any of the main event rides in Tucson or the Tucson Fun Ride.
Welcome to the 2017 Rotary District 5500 Ride to End Polio, dedicated to Rotarian Mike Harris who founded the ride in 2009. Our 2016 ride raised $11.3 million including the generous match from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Since its inception the ride has generated $36 million for Rotary’s efforts to End Polio Now, enough money to buy tens of millions of vaccinations, protecting countless children worldwide from this terrible disease.
The 2017 ride will be held in Tucson on Saturday November 18. Can’t make it to Tucson? Don’t let that stop you. As the photo shows, you don’t have to come to Tucson to ride, but can ride a stationary bike in your home or gym. Just follow the link to the Indoor Ride.
There are many ways to participate:
- Join us in Tucson for El Tour de Tucson main event and ride 28, 37, 54, 65 or 106 miles.
- Join us in Tucson for a 5 mile “Fun Ride.”
- Register for The Indoor Ride to End Polio.
- Support a Rotarian cyclist with a generous donation.
- Volunteer at our Tangerine Road at I-10 Aid Station or our Rotary booth at the finish line.
If you’d like to keep informed, we’ll include you on our list for our monthly newsletter. Simply send an email to email@example.com with “newsletter” in the subject line.
We hope to see you in November.
For more information, click on the links below: