Welcome to the Michael Harris Ride to End Polio 2016
Welcome to the 2016 Rotary District 5500 Ride to End Polio, dedicated to Rotarian Mike Harris who founded the ride in 2009. Since that time, including a generous match from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation the ride has generated about $25 million for Rotary’s efforts to End Polio Now, enough money to buy more than 35 million doses of vaccine. Our planning committee and incoming District Governor have established the 2016 fund raising goal, including any and all matches at $10 million. And yes, as the photo shows, you don’t have to come to Tucson to ride, but can ride a stationary bike in your home or gym. Just follow the link to the Indoor Ride.
This year’s ride will be held on November 19.
There are many ways to participate:
- Join us in Tucson for El Tour de Tucson and ride 25, 40, 55, 75 or 104 miles.
- Join us in Tucson for a 5 mile “Fun Ride.”
- Register for The Indoor Ride to End Polio.
- Support a Rotarian cyclist with a generous donation.
- Volunteer at our Tangerine Road at I-10 Aid Station or our Rotary booth at the finish line.
If you’d like to keep informed, we’ll include you on our list for our monthly newsletter. Simply send an email to email@example.com with “newsletter” in the subject line.
We hope to see you in November.
For more information, click on the links below: